(San Francisco, California)
Job Posting Details
About Universal Services of America
Founded in 1965, Universal Services of America, through its affiliates, combines an innovative mix of tradition with advanced technology to keep pace with the evolving security and janitorial needs of today’s businesses. Universal Protection Service, Universal Protection Security Systems, and Universal Building Maintenance provide our clients with the best security and janitorial solutions, personalized customer service and unmatched value available.
Universal Protection Service is seeking an experienced Security Receptionist for a high-profile corporate account in San Francisco, CA.
The Security Receptionist is an integral role within the team, responsible for the overall customer service and access control of those who call or visit. As the first contact to callers and visitors, the Receptionist must demonstrate professionalism and customer service at all times, while also responding quickly and effectively.
This position requires exceptional customer service skills.
* Receives and directs visitors, employment applicants, salespersons and customers to appropriate locations and parties.
* Typically operates a single or multiple position telephone system.
* Maintains a visitor's log and issues badges when necessary.
* Notifies personnel of visitor arrival.
* May perform related clerical work such as word processing.
* May use company intranet, paging or other computer based systems.
* Additional duties may include filing, sorting, mail distribution and completing specials clerical projects.
* Provides professional and friendly greeting to all guests and incoming calls;
* Answers incoming calls, screen I transfer I forward phone call to the proper department and/or individuals with warm customer service personality;
* Places order for divisional office supply, checks invoices for accuracy, prepares payment request form for approval;
* Keeps office I facility in good maintenance status, contacts building management team as properly for any issues related with break room equipment in the office area.
* Interfaces with OHL services - shipping I receiving.
* Verifies invoice for accuracy before submitting for payment approval;
* Distributes mail;
* Prepares and organizes company events and divisional birthday parties;
* Communicates with divisional employees for any announcements. e.g. bad weather;
* Performs a variety of general clerical duties;
* Provides administrative support to in-house personnel as needed;
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* Supports new hire/on-boarding activities as follows:
* Responsible for Photo ID card production
* Management of Building Badge and Parking Access requests
* Order Business cards
* Submit requests for Notes, Outlook, iAccess, Proxy, etc
* Collect and route New Hires Stationery and Check list
**Requirements for this position include the following:**
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Be at least 18 years of age.
* Must possess a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
* 3-5 years administrative experience is mandatory, as well as outstanding customer service, multi-tasking, and computer skills.
* Must have or be willing to obtain a California Guard Card if selected for this position.
* Strong people and customer service skills required.
* The Candidate should have some formal training and experience in Public Relations and Customer Service.
* Some advance computer skills are required (i.e. keyboarding proficiency, heavy email usage, data searching or navigation of the company intranet resources, etc.).
* Ability to multi-task and speak clearly and be professionally attired at all times whilst on client property.
**Essential Physical and Mental Functions**
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
We offer a comprehensive benefit package to our Security Professionals, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and short-term disability, 401(k), paid uniforms, Cafeteria Plan and an Employee Assistance program.
$18/Hr. Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm