Human Resources Generalist
Job Posting Details
Dataminr is the leading real-time information discovery company. Dataminr transforms real-time data from Twitter and other public sources into actionable signals, identifying the most relevant information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
You are a highly self-driven, organized and proactive human resources professional with a strong track record in partnering and providing guidance for business teams of all sizes. You will build and manage scalable processes from scratch, and can quickly pivot from strategy to execution across all People Operations areas: benefits, total rewards, immigration, employee relations, compliance, on-boarding, as well as other ad hoc tasks.
You understand the importance of a highly satisfied, happy and well-supported workforce. You love solving problems and serving as a guide to managers and employees. You take a high touch approach but aren’t above rolling up your sleeves to be hands-on. You are excited to work with and provide support to all levels including senior stakeholders and management.
You believe in Dataminr's mission and are ready to take ownership in a fast-paced, demanding tech startup environment.
* Partner with business teams to build, manage and executive HR processes and policies
* Serve as point of contact for all employees regarding questions and issues related to company policies and procedures, benefits and immigration
* Manage and administer all HR systems and infrastructure
* Own benefits administration, including open enrollment, renewal, 401K, workers compensation, unemployment claims, employment verification, leaves of absence, COBRA, etc.
* Own immigration processes including H1B, Green Card, Tier 2, etc.
* Work closely with Recruiting team to effectively onboard, engage, and orient new hires across five office locations
* Own compliance and document management processes including I-9 compliance, offer letters, termination letters, company policies, benefits and compensation notices, etc.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant employment laws in all appropriate jurisdictions including staying abreast of new and updated regulations
* Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, etc.
* Leverage data and provide analysis and insight of people trends, internal and external
* Implement measurable and actionable diversity and inclusion initiatives
* Continuously identify and support opportunities for process improvement and scalability across the company
* Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
* Master’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
* 4-5 years of progressive experience in HR
* Experience within high growth and fast paced company environments
* In-depth understanding of employment laws and compliance practices
* Superior attention to detail, organizational skills, multitasking abilities, along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to act swiftly under pressure and adapt to changing priorities and processes
* Strong sense of urgency, initiative and problem solving skills
* Ability to juggle multiple and competing priorities with the utmost professionalism and integrity
* Experience working with HR systems and tools required; BambooHR a plus
* Experience with Google productivity tools, including Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, and Calendar
Compensation and Working Conditions
Additional Notes on Compensation
Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life.
Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses, 401(k) savings plan.