Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone or tablet.
We're looking for a Talent Generalist who will support our Employee Experience Team and help define the broader talent strategy across Foundation teams at Airbnb (Marketing, Public Policy, Finance, Legal, Employee Experience). A successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for creating meaningful experiences and builds strong relationships with leaders and employees. We need an HR rockstar to come in with a hands on attitude and develop already existing processes as well as growing brand new ones to continually drive our mission and goals.
* Proactively shape talent priorities to align to business strategy and changing needs. Help shape the appropriate culture. Diagnose and define programs and support needed to optimize business performance.
* Actively partner, coach & develop managers and individuals.
* Partner with the Talent Management team to create and implement development programs and trainings for our teams worldwide.
* Partner with COEs and Talent Partners to roll out annual HR programs (e.g. Performance Reviews, Employee Surveys, Merit)
* Partner with our recruiting team to ensure a positive and seamless candidate experience
* Advocate for teams and represent their needs to the global talent team and senior leadership
* Partner with legal team to be compliant with employment regulations
* Understand the needs of the team and makes recommendations regarding recognition and rewards programs.
* Respond to employee questions timely and provide advice when it makes sense
* Mediate between team members when appropriate and escalate to senior leadership and broader talent team if necessary.
* Work with managers and advise on performance and behavioural issues. When appropriate, escalate to broader talent and legal team.
* Work with payroll and benefits providers to educate new and transferring employees about contract terms, benefits, and payroll.
* Partner with Ground Control (employee experience/office culture) on onboarding and off boarding processes as well as other initiatives.
* Promote a culture of feedback and open communication.
* Share knowledge appropriately and proactively look for ways to raise the bar.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 6+ years of progressive HR experience in a high speed, high growth environment
* A high energy, thoughtful HR partner who can work at a detailed tactical level and also see the big picture.
* Strong communications and relationship building skills to effectively support and connect with a diverse and valuable team.
* Not afraid to roll sleeves up and get involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small
* Well-developed analytical and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues.
* Experience working for a global company
* Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow
* Self-directed but also great at collaborating with employees at all levels and with many different teams
* Ability to be patient and communicate respectfully in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to perceive, understand, judge, and come to a reasonable and logical conclusion in order to have the best outcome in any given situation
* A sense of humour and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!