Viacom, short for "Video & Audio Communications", is an American media conglomerate with various worldwide interests in cable and satellite television networks (MTV Networks and BET), and movie production and distribution with Paramount Motion Pictures Group.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support and managing the day-to-day operations for the Executive Vice President of Ad Sales.
* Daily duties will include heavy calendar management, meeting organization, basic invoice management, travel planning, establishing and maintaining departmental files, preparing T & E’s, and frequent communication to insure all affected parties are aware as changes occur. Typically, the meeting schedule is full, and re-prioritization and communication are required.
* Working effectively with people of all levels inside and outside of the company is required. Building good working relationships and effective communication are critical to effective performance.
* Assist and work with other departments on an as-needed basis in a manner that will maximize their efficiency.
* Screen and prioritize mail and telephone calls and maintain call logs. Respond to inquiries, resolve issues and follow up with necessary information
* Assist with coordinating external Board meetings.
* Minimum 5 to 7 years previous experience as an executive assistant to a senior level executive
* Prior experience working in a large customer focused department with multiple locations and different time zones a plus
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
* Sensitivity to confidentiality
* High school degree, college degree
* Strong communication and organization skills are mandatory.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* The ability to work with all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated strong organizational skills with attention to detail
* Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and a sensitivity to confidentiality
* Must be self-motivated, assertive, flexible, confident, conscientious, diplomatic, able to work independently
* PC knowledge and skills, particularly with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Excellent organizational and time management skills are required to deal with the diversity of projects. Fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
* Must be extremely reliable, dependable and responsible
* Must possess a very positive, upbeat & "can-do" attitude
* Must be a team player with the ability to build and maintain good working relationships
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.