Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust the Fastly edge cloud platform to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand.
As a Security Program Manager at Fastly, you will help secure some of the biggest online platforms in the world, handling massive amounts of traffic at very low latency.
We are looking for a versatile Security Program Manager to drive process adoption, define team priorities, develop project plans, and work with the Security team to meet challenging goals. The Security Program Manager is a key role in a core engineering team at Fastly. You’ll coordinate vulnerability reports, penetration tests, as well as initiate and complete projects to improve the security posture of our customers at the edge. You have the flexibility to expand the role and responsibilities - we encourage you to take risks and support innovative solutions to problems.
This is a high impact role on a diverse security team. We come from big companies, startups, security critical environments, consumer product companies, and organizations with all sorts of threat profiles. We encourage everyone on the security team to learn continuously, present at and attend conferences, and participate in the security community.
* Manage processes around vulnerabilities in our products from report to remediation
* Identify, coordinate, and deliver security programs and projects across our teams, networks, and products
* Support development of our security policies for software, infrastructure, and people
* Manage and support evolution of secure development processes
* Proactively identify and address project risks, resource constraints, and potential blockers
* Communicate within the security team, to other company teams such as SRE, network engineering, application teams and executive leadership
* Develop novel, appropriate solutions to new problems
* Passionate about security
* Able to discuss and make difficult decisions that contribute to protecting our customers
* Understand of a variety of real-world attack and mitigation types including DDOS attacks, web application vulnerabilities etc.
* Attentive to detail and the ability to dive deep into issues while balancing competing priorities
* Collaborative in his or her approach to working with internal and external teams
* Familiar with modern development processes and security integration methodologies
* Excellent written communication skills
* Excellent ability to build relationships with customers, security engineers and researchers
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.