Senior Systems Engineer
This individual will build and support enterprise IT systems infrastructure and services for the company and its growing infrastructure needs. This position will play a key role in facilitating rapid growth by ensuring that new systems and technologies are selected and implemented in an optimal manner, and that existing systems are well-maintained.
Required skills and experience:
- 5 years of of Microsoft System engineering experience
- Azure experience
- Configure and Maintain dev, test, and prod servers in company Microsoft Azure cloud environment.
- Image creation, application packaging, security updates and patch packaging, reporting, etc.
- Ability to provide guidance on automating procedures; scripting knowledge in PowerShell preferred.
- Architect, design, and deploy distribution points to different sites, as needed.
- Knowledge of O365 and Azure cloud infrastructures.
- Design, implement, and maintain consistent backup and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience, which has included the successful operations, maintenance, and support of complex, multi-location systems;
- Strong understanding of the relationship between applications, databases, operating systems, processing platforms, storage platforms, and networks;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to link work prioritizes to business imperatives;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with IT leadership teams, and with the ability to build coalitions across the Department;
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Ability to document findings, processes, procedures, and reports for information sharing.
Qualified applicant must be interested in building expertise in least some of the following technologies:
•Microsoft Windows Server 2012
•Microsoft Cloud Services: Office 365, Windows Azure, and Windows Intune
•System Center 2012 including SCOM, SCCM, SCSM, DPM, SCVMM, and Orchestrator
•Active Directory and Windows PowerShell
•Enterprise storage and networking.
What you need to know:
- Manages the day-to-day infrastructure and provides support other IT team members as related to infrastructure.
- Documents, recommends, and adheres to strategic direction, standards, methodologies, tools, priorities, and approaches for the provision and management of the department’s infrastructure, network, applications, and security.
- Manages the impact to the department’s infrastructure, operations, and security when IT solutions are modified or implemented.
- Understands the business needs of a variety of customers and balances fulfillment of those needs with considerations of broader department objectives.
- Works within company guidelines and best practices to develop and disseminate security, and infrastructure and application support standards, guidelines, and direction.