Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 50,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we’re advancing the power of collaboration with products including JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, Bitbucket, and more. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
We are seeking a Payroll Manager, who will, in coordination with the Payroll Analysts, be responsible for timely and accurate processing of US and EMEA payrolls. The ideal candidate will have experience processing payroll for 1,000+ employees, be system savvy and a team player. You will review work performed by the Payroll Analyst and external payroll vendors for EMEA locations, assure compliance for internal/external quarterly and annual payroll tax reporting, oversee employee inquiries, and partner with HR and Finance to maintain/enhance payroll policies and procedures.
* Own and manage all US and EMEA payroll operations related to employee compensation and benefits, including processing of US multi-state semi-monthly payroll for exempt and non-exempt workers, coordinating monthly payroll for international employees, researching discrepancies and identifying and resolving payroll-related issues
* Supervise day-to-day work of payroll analyst, including providing guidance for growth and development, direction for tasks and coordinating priorities
* Partner with the GL accountant to complete monthly payroll close duties, including the preparation of period-end accruals, and reconciliation of payroll and benefit-related expenses and balance sheet accounts
* Assist in the development of company payroll policies and procedures that will ensure compliance with all necessary government regulations and SOX requirements
* Serve as a subject matter expert in the operation of the payroll systems, regulations and related tools that support payroll tax and reporting compliance requirements
* Work closely with Stock, Legal, Tax and HR teams in the administration of payroll and equity related issues
* Lead and/or assist with audit-related requests, payroll system testing and other ad-hoc projects, as needed
* Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 10+ years of payroll experience, including 2-3 years as owner of multi-state payroll processing at a fast-growing company, international experience preferred
* Workday Payroll and ADP Compliance experience highly preferred
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Detail-oriented and able to work under tight deadlines
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
* Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
* Publicly traded company experience and understanding of SOX compliance a plus
* Accounting experience a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.