Akuna Capital is a proprietary trading firm specializing in derivatives market making and sophisticated modeling with a commitment to cutting edge financial technology. Akuna’s unmatched growth profile and non-client structure provides a unique place for innovation and opportunity in the home of proprietary trading – Chicago.
We are looking for an energetic, proactive and organized individual to take care of our beautiful office! On a daily basis, the Office Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the office and administrative functions. While this person is responsible for juggling many different important tasks and responsibilities, creating a positive environment where people are proud to work is just as crucial!
* Serve as Akuna’s first point of contact by answering and routing incoming calls and greeting, directing and assisting visitors and interview candidates
* Order and maintain appropriate levels of office and kitchen supplies while keeping respective areas tidy and easily accessible
* Support the Human Resources and Recruitment team with tasks as needed, including conference room preparation, shipping, event support and other duties as needed
* Responsible for booking employee and candidate travel arrangements
* Manage sending, receiving, opening, and distribution of mail and shipments
* Liaise with the building maintenance staff on various facility needs
* Generate new ideas for how to make our office environment the best it can be
* Enjoy perks such as a company trip, happy hours, fully-stocked kitchen, and an opportunity for career growth!
* Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize responsibilities and multitask
* Ability to work with multiple departments, Senior Management and external service vendors
* Professional and reliable
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Outlook
* Can be trusted to handle confidential information
* Always looking to improve or develop more efficient processes when needed
* A self-starter with excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.