Workiva (NYSE:WK) delivers Wdesk, an intuitive cloud platform that modernizes how people work within thousands of organizations, including over 70 percent of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. Wdesk is built upon a data management engine, offering controlled collaboration, data integration, granular permissions, and a full audit trail. Wdesk helps mitigate risk, improves productivity, and gives users confidence in their data-driven decisions.
Workiva is a rapidly growing company that builds collaborative, cloud-based applications for financial and executive teams. We are seeking an Accountant for our growing team. The Accountant will focus on providing general accounting assistance within the Accounting team. The position performs tasks directly related to their area of expertise as well as assists with assigned special projects.
* Contract Review and Interpretation: Interprets contracts and invoices with available knowledge and implement credit memos within scope of authority
* Compare invoice entries to contracts and sales orders and remedy as needed
* Communicates with cross-functional teams on new contracts, and customers or vendors, as needed, to ensure invoice matches intent behind the order
* Ensures proper recognition of revenue or expense is captured on organization's financial statements
* Technical Accounting Expertise: Provides accounting expertise in assigned area of accounting
* Handles queue of vendor, customer, and sales team inquiries and escalates as needed
* Completes assigned account reconciliations at month-end and forward for review
* Demonstrates and applies strong accounting knowledge, acumen, and technical expertise
* Handles outside auditor questions and provides support to outside auditors, tax service providers, and other project personnel as requested
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
* 7+ years of progressive accounting experience would be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
* 2-3 years prior operating accounting experience required
* Analytical ability to interpret contracts and policies
* Proficient accounting software knowledge, along with generic computer skills required
* Spreadsheet skills required
* Strong communication/collaborative skills to work with many personalities inside and outside of the company
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.