TiVo Inc.(NASDAQ: TIVO) is the leader in the advanced television entertainment. Since its inception in 1999, TiVo has distrupted the television entertainment industry with innovative solutions that navigate the "content chaos" challenge of the market.
In this role, you will be integral to the continued growth of the company by providing financial support leading the general accounting team of the Shared Services Center for TiVo including coordination accounting issues, execution of revenue recognition rules, project and fixed asset accounting and order to cash transactions. You will interact with the other groups within Shared Services including Credit, Billing, Procurement and Payables.
* Provide day to day leadership/supervision of the Shared Services general accounting and payment receipt team (staff of 5)
* Active involvement and support of the operational accounting processes, including maintaining oversight for effective internal controls in compliance with TiVo’s SOX documentation.
* Manage the Shared Service month end close activities and processes ensuring compliance with company deadlines
* Review and approve general ledger account reconciliations, including understanding and validity of reconciling items along with problem resolution
* Review of journal entries prior to posting
* Coordination and resolution of key accounting issues.
* Support periodic external and internal audits for financial statements and control compliance, gather data to respond to audit requirements.
* Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP
* Review information provided to Company’s tax group for applicable income tax reporting
* Administrative support and maintenance for Company’s propriety accounts receivable system
* Prepare/provide quarterly financial information for Board reporting and financial statements
* Other duties and special projects as assigned
* BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance.
* CPA with experience working for public companies
* 10 + years’ experience, including supervisory experience
* Broad knowledge of accounting and finance theory, practices/procedures.
* Understanding of computer-based reporting systems (Oracle or equivalent ERP).
* Highly motivated individual with ability to work independently and problem solve in creative ways.
* Excellent organizational and management skills and financial analysis and reporting capabilities.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Strong analytical, accounting research and problem solving skills.
* Ability to recommend changes to processes and participate in system implementations for continuous improvement
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.