Rakuten, Inc. (TSE's first section: 4755) is the largest ecommerce company in Japan, and third largest ecommerce marketplace company worldwide. Rakuten provides a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. The company is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas.
The Director, Human Resources will lead strategic HR projects for Rakuten Marketing LLC and serve as the local HR business partner for any channels, functions, or regions of Rakuten Marketing LLC to which he/she is assigned.
* Propose and design programs to enhance the Rakuten Marketing employee experience
* Executes strategic HR projects as directed by the VP, HR and COO
* Represent Rakuten Marketing on strategic HR alignment projects with Rakuten USA and other Rakuten group companies
* Act as the lead San Mateo HR Business Partner for the San Mateo office including
* Work with employees and managers to provide coaching and guidance on various human resources issues.
* Administer talent management and succession planning activities within the organizations you support.
* Resolve employee relations issues through a systematic approach.
* Assist channel and functional senior management in the development of solutions through cultural and process perspective
* Drive company-wide programs and initiatives (e.g., annual compensation processes, semi-annual performance evaluations, workforce planning, and organizational change)
* Handle compliance issues proactively with respect to existing and upcoming employment law
* Build relationships with managers to anticipate needs and support business strategy
* 10-15 years of human resources experience
* 5+ years of experience leading HR teams
* Expertise in a wide range of HR disciplines, e.g., employee relations, compensation, performance management, talent management, retention, organizational development.
* Must have experience in a fast-paced environment which demands flexibility, balancing priorities and quickly adapting to changes in business requirements. Experience in online media or technology preferred.
* Experience in large, complex, geographically dispersed global company a plus.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Strong written and verbal communication.
* Talent for executing projects across organizations and with multiple stakeholders.
* Proficiency with technology & tech tools (HRIS, messaging apps, MS Office, especially Excel).
* Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
**English Requirement:** Fluent Level
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.