* Evaluates the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
* Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's human resource function and performance.
* Participates in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
* Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
* Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
* Developing programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and team members of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
* Analyze existing 401(k) program and compensation and benefit plans to provide motivation, incentives, and rewards for effective performance.
* Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge.
* Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
* Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
* Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education, ADA, EEO and career development, among others.
* Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, manages the human resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
* Maintains knowledge of immigration policies, programs, laws and issues.
* Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resource discipline.
* Manages other areas such as relocation, employee communication, employee safety and health, and community relations with a focus on safety, OSHA requirements, and crisis control.
* Implements and manages the budget and other financial measures of each team.
* Leads by example; Ability to professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and rapidly changing conditions.
* Work with leadership to develop five and ten year business plans for the company.
* Knowledge of the administration and negotiation of union contracts.
* Strong HRIS exposure and experience, as well as integration experience with other HR platforms.