McCain It’s All Good™ is our philosophy. As a food manufacturer, our business is driven by good people, making good food, from good ingredients – and the result is food that makes people feel good. But McCain It's all good ™ is not just about the food we make, it's about how we conduct ourselves in every aspect of our business. From farmer and customer relationships to sustainable agricultural processes – we strive to make every element of our business good. The McCain It's all good ™ philosophy
The Supply Planner is responsible for creating a detailed production plan as well as deploying the inventory to forward Distribution Centers to ensure balanced network inventory levels, supply chain costs and service levels. This position will communicate the detailed production plan to key stake holders, enable and maintain effective planning processes, manage performance against key supply chain performance indicators, serve as project member for various projects, resolve slow moving, aged, obsolete, dilution and discontinued SKUS as well as lead inventory optimization projects. The Supply Planner interacts with Customer Service, Demand Planning, Operations, Quality Control, Accounting, Agriculture, Transportation, Sales, Marketing, Procurement and Supply planning.
* Creates a production schedule that satisfies customer demand with optimal inventory levels and resource utilization. Ensure that schedule can be used for detailed material and capacity planning as well as financial planning.
* Accountable to achieve service level targets, ensure balanced inventory across the network, and minimize transportation costs.
* Establish and maintain planning rules for supply resources based on business requirements, source capabilities, EOQ (Efficient Order Quantities), and alignment with operations strategies, ensuring least-landed costs are met.
* Ensure that all schedules are based on demonstrated manufacturing capability, structural constraints, available capacity and planned exception activity driving downstream planning in Agriculture, Purchasing, and Transportation & Warehousing.
* Anticipate supply problems and implement resolution working jointly with the plants and integrated supply chain teams.
* Lead weekly scheduling meeting for assigned plants for the purpose of identifying, negotiating and resolving conflicts with respect to material and capacity availability and meeting service levels.
* Assess risks and gaps within the schedule and develop resolution or communicate appropriately the risks and recovery within the organization.
* Ensures accuracy of scheduling parameters such as, manufacturing calendar, lot sizes, safety stocks, delivery times and sequencing rules for all assigned items.
* Monitor, measure, and improve performance of assigned plant’s schedule adherence and attainment. Provide constant assessment of production needs and revise schedule based on actual production versus scheduled.
* Create Stock Transfer Orders to deploy inventory and build truck/rail orders to minimize freight costs.
* Determine deployment/redeployment of finished goods to manage Distribution Center Level Days of Supply by SKU and fulfillment of customer orders.
* Provide accurate and timely inventory or shortage information to Customer Service, Supply Planning and Distribution.
* Resolve any dispatch or delivery time issues with warehousing or transportation.
* Maintain accurate inventories of hold product and assist in disposition within policy guidelines. Assist with product recall, stock withdrawals and stock traces.
* Identify and assist in resolving slow-moving, aged, obsolete and discontinued finished goods items at all assigned warehouse locations.
* Conduct special assignments and lead cross-functional teams.
* Other projects/duties as assigned or needed.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Management or related discipline
* APICS certification preferred
**Related Work Experience (Internal to the organization or external):**
* 1 – 5 years of supply chain experience preferred
* Experience in food industry preferred
* Experience with SAP – ECC, APO/SCM preferred
* Excellent computer skills preferred (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
* Must have exceptional analytical skills and be able to work with complex data
* Excellent problem solving, organization and planning skills
* Strong drive for results
* Effective communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
* Project Management experience preferred
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.