Level 3 Communications is a premier global communications provider headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado, that provides communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers.
Anchored by extensive fiber networks on three continents and connected by undersea facilities, our global services platform features deep metro assets reaching more than 500 markets in more than 60 countries.
Leads multiple complex projects within the margin optimization team in support of finance initiatives to understand and improve margin. Analyses large and complex data sets and draws conclusions regarding the cause of the most complex and multifaceted margin issues. Works at a high level with various Level 3 internal groups to resolve exceptions and establish practices that improve customer margin. Designs and develops the most complex reports relating to margin that drive business decisions.
* Based on expert analysis of the most complex and diverse data sets, makes actionable, strategic recommendations regarding all factors that drive customer margin. Makes strategic recommendations on processes and systems that impact margin management. Influences strategic decisions of high level business leaders.
* Leads multiple margin assurance projects, calling on resources inside and outside the team. Ensures that project deliverables are within the project timeline.
* Based on expert analysis of the most complex and diverse data sets, identifies and leads prevention analyses.
* Uses Significant expertise to identify and report on complex margin issues relating to price, revenue, and expense. Draws conclusions based on reporting and recommends solutions.
* Oversees reports, queries and tools to gather, apply and correlate circuit information from vendor costs to customer revenue.
* Mentors, train and leads less experienced team members and contractors.
* Identifies and resolves recurring or overarching issues relating to data integrity, such as data mismatches between systems, revenue not assigned to cost, matching hot cuts, etc.
* Establishes rules and guidelines pertaining to the weekly quality assurance process that weeds out defects and improves the quality of work fed into the matching database. Ensures the effectiveness of the process and tracks and reports on progress.
* Oversees correct G/L assignments for new and existing offnet expense.
* Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant job experience with similar essential duties
* Experience: 5+ yrs
* Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
* Field Of Study: Finance, Business, Telecom/IT or related
* A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
* Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
* Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Experience in related field (IT, customer billing, access cost analysis, audit or dispute, leased inventory analysis, exception management, customer provisioning, vendor provisioning, or project management) required. Telecom experience a plus. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint ). Proficient with Data Query tools like SQL, TOAD, and Brio. Excellent research and data analysis skills with proven data mining experience. Efficient time management skills.
Apply to Level 3 Communications (Sr. SQL Data Analyst)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.