IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions.
Responsible for delivering profitable partner agreements/relationships in support of the Product Design business line objectives, and supporting Product Design revenue growth targets for standards, reference material, and other components of the Product Design solution set. This role encompasses management of the Product Design partner ecosystem. Product Design partnerships are comprised of Standards Development Organizations (SDO), Technical Publishers, Indexing Partners, PLM Partners, and National Standards Bodies (NSBs). Overall, the partner ecosystem includes over 450 relationships. The focus of this position impacts over $250M in business line sales performance.
* Maintain and improve existing relationships, toward new ways to extend the value proposition. A critical function of this role will be liaison between partners and Product Design management and develop/execute market strategies to drive "Partner Delight".
**Specific Job Duties:**
* Develop strategies to successfully negotiate partner agreements; Acquire new rights to drive the Product Design strategic plan
* Engage/develop net new Partner targets; closing agreements with these partner targets, securing new/additional rights to extend the IHS value propostion
* Close net new SDO, Knowledge Collections, and indexing partnerships; collaborate across the business to onboard these relationships
* Deliver overall Product Design strategy message to partners; how that strategy will enable partner success
* Align with IHS sales to drive/support Product Design sales performance targets
* Work with IHS marketing team and Subject Matter Expert teams to achieve top tier partner performance goals
* Engage with Product Management and develop strategies to close gaps in solutions value
* Insure competitive, pricing, royalty, etc. initiatives are aligned to achieve business line and partner objectives
* Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in business, finance,
engineering; MBA a plus.
* Minimum of 8 years of proven channel sales, business development and/or partner relationship management experience managing a large number of royalty-bearing or license-bearing relationships. Sales experience is critical for this position
* Ideally, an engineering background and an understanding of how engineering standards are used
* Ability to work independently as well as with regional sales and marketing teams
* Ability to handle remote management
* Comfortable in a matrix management organization
Apply to IHS Markit (Manager Business Development)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.