HomeAdvisor is the nation's largest digital home services marketplace matching homeowners and pre-screened service professionals. We are one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado, growing from our startup days to nearly half of a billion dollars in annual revenue - yet we're nimble enough to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem. All of this makes HomeAdvisor a great place to work.
As a vital part of HR team, you’ll be responsible for directly supporting approximately 400 employees within our Customer Care organization, as well as assisting in the overall support of 1,100 total staff members. You’ll work with the HomeAdvisor HR team in our other offices, and will have opportunities to take on additional projects as needed. At HomeAdvisor, our HR team is responsible for making decisions that mitigate risk for the company, for supporting our employees, and for partnering with business management to help HomeAdvisor continue to be a Top Workplace.
* Meet with employees as needed to discuss complaints, issues, and answer questions
* Conduct exit interviews with resigning employees, and provide written feedback to management
* Review and audit employee files for compliance with policies and procedures
* Review and approve terminations, ensuring all documentation is complete and our decisions are consistent
* Complete unemployment claims and attend hearings as needed
* Administer and manage medical leave under Short Term Disability and the Family and Medical Leave Act
* Facilitate HR training and other projects as needed for management
* At least 2 years of experience as a HR Generalist, preferably in fast-paced and high growth environment.
* Strong working knowledge of employment laws and HR best practices and practical application in the workplace (preferably a call center environment).
* Ability to make personnel hiring/firing decisions in accordance with laws and best practices, ensuring that the decisions are in the best interests of the company and mitigate risk.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, which encompasses solid grammar skills, excellent listening skills, and the ability to communicate effectively through phone, in-person, and electronic communications.
* Strong computer aptitude, with strong knowledge around the MS Office Suite, including Outlook, internet searching, and web-based applications, as well as the ability to learn new software quickly.
* A go-getter mentality, with a professional, positive, energetic attitude and a desire to go above and beyond given project parameters.
* The ability to handle multiple concurrent projects, to keep the information organized, and to learn on the fly to keep up with the lightning speed of our environment.
* A commitment to top-notch customer service, follow-through, and professionalism.
* Ability to quickly build relationships and trust with colleagues, and maintain confidentiality.
High School or better.
2 years: Human Resources
* HR Laws
* Call Center environment
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.