Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 150 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has annual revenue of $5.4 billion and 16,000 employees including nearly 7,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications® products, systems, and services.
The tax analyst is responsible for all aspects of timely tax preparation and processing biweekly, monthly, quarterly and annually utilizing our ADP outsourced tax provider and Peoplesoft 9.1. Performing complex tax preparation, tax research and account reconciliation with minimal supervision.
* Coordinate with external tax provider for preparation of federal and multi state tax returns for tax compliance
* Liaise with corporate finance, accounting, legal and HR on tax matters
* Manage incoming tax authority notices
* Research day to day tax issues and provide support or recommendations
* Complete monthly/quarterly reconciliations of tax accounts
* Year end preparation of W2s and T4s
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance with 3+ years of relevant experience or post Secondary/ AA-AS Degree with 7+ years of related experience.
* Three or more years of tax experience with at least one year of mid-level compliance work.
* Excellent computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* PeopleSoft Financials
* Strong tax research skills
* Ability to work independently and be a collaborative team player
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.