FTD Companies, Inc. is a premier floral and gifting company. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies.
Responsible for certain portions of the financial reporting, planning and analysis functions for the Personal Creations Division. Responsibilities will be focused on specific business lines within the division and will include monthly close, improving and maintaining financial controls, addressing audit requests, budgeting and forecasting, and accounting/financial analysis of operational projects which have accounting/financial implications. Work closely with all other functional areas within the Personal Creations Division. Interact with finance personnel from the other divisions within the company.
Review and supervise the work of 1-2 staff with direct reporting responsibility (includes day to day supervision, review of their work, goal setting, career development, performance appraisals).
* Responsible for certain monthly financial close activities including, but not limited to, the preparation and review of month-end accounting reports, journal entries, accruals, variance analyses, cost center reviews, inventory, manufacturing throughput analysis and account reconciliations. Meet with department managers to ensure accuracy of monthly results and to understand and document variances to budget, forecasts and prior periods.
* Responsible for the review and direct supervision of 1 to 2 staff, including review of journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis performed.
* Draft and communicate annual goals and performance appraisals for these individuals.
* Research as needed accounting guidance and recent pronouncements that may have an impact on the financial reporting of the company. Possess the ability to understand and communicate to staff and management the implications of the applicable accounting guidance.
* Partner with department managers to update applicable monthly forecasts that account for market, economic and strategic changes and current conditions. Document and explain changes in forecasts and variances in performance.
* Through assisting the auditors and an on-going review of Sarbanes Oxley procedures, ensure strict adherence to Sarbanes Oxley and other internal control procedures. Contribute to control remediation projects by recommending and documenting new controls, processes and policies. Bring any issues to the attention of your manager. Serve as the point person for interactions with the internal and external auditors, including coordination of PBC requests for all Personal Creations division business lines.
* Coordinate, review and assist in the preparation of the monthly bridges for actual results and forecast changes which identify business issues that are impacting the company's ability to execute the operating plan.
* Advise management of financial and operational risks that you become aware of in your work.
* Maintain strict integrity on all occasions without any compromise in all that you do.
* Direct and indirect responsibility for the annual operating financial planning process working closely with department managers in developing challenging but reasonable budgets for the fiscal year. Contribute in both an analytical and leadership role to annual budgets, quarterly forecasts, mid-range plans and ad hoc management reporting, including all required corporate submissions for assigned areas of accountability; determine reasonableness of ongoing budget forecasts and metrics analysis.
* BS/BA in accounting or finance.
* MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred..
* 7+ years of experience in accounting, internal controls, financial reporting, financial budgeting/planning and analytical projects in a medium or large size public company.
* Must be PC literate; fluent in MS and familiar with ERP platforms.
* Must be an outstanding communicator with the poise and presence to interact with a diverse group of constituents in a challenging matrix management environment.
* Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and have the confidence to challenge the status quo in various situations.
* Strong leadership skills and ability to set clear expectations, hold others accountable, and provide timely feedback and measurement of performance.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.