EBSCO began in 1944 with magazine subscription sales.
Today, you can find us in a wide range of industries.
This Search Engine Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Online Marketing in EBSCO’s in-house marketing agency. This role is responsible for the development and execution of marketing strategies in pay-per-click programs, online display campaigns and website search engine optimization for over forty diverse businesses.
Your goal is to strengthen the online position of EBSCO’s divisions in each of their own markets, building awareness and driving leads and/or direct sales for EBSCO products.
- Create, implement, track, analyze and optimize Paid Search campaigns in Google AdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing, Bing, and other search engines
- Clear understanding of the media planning and buying process (multi-channel preferred)
- Ability to understand client objectives and how they translate into search and media strategies
- Responsibilities include keyword research (discovery and expansion), review and editing of creative copy (titles and descriptions), review and analysis of web site performance metrics, and optimization of campaigns
- Work with marketing team members and business leaders to develop search engine optimization strategies including targeted page and content development, site-hierarchy, link architecture, and link building.
- Analyze conversion points and paths, monitor key website metrics including site traffic and traffic from search engines. Report results.
- Actively test and analyze keywords, ad copy and landing pages to increase ROI and drive incremental volume
- Stay current with new advances in search engine marketing, competitive landscape, keyword research, and recommend options for SEM toolsets such as SearchForce, SEM Rush, Kenshoo, etc.
- Utilize successful bidding strategies and effective keyword management to hit target acquisitions volume goals and efficiency metrics [CPA, CPL]
- Craft recommendations for using search to support new client objectives or promotions
- Providing formal training to new team employees
- Selling in recommendations for new campaigns and strategies
- Optimization recommendations for existing campaigns based on reporting and analysis
- Working to master, identify, and communicate trends in search landscape and in client industries
- 3-5 years’ experience in developing and executing marketing strategies in pay-per-click programs, online display campaigns, and
website search engine optimization
- Google AdWords certification is preferred
**Other Required Skills**
- Able to problem solve, prioritize tasks, multitask, and manage time effectively
- Detail-oriented with an analytical approach to achieving objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Driven to create value through collaboration with others.
- A track record of successful results in internet marketing programs and initiatives that have driven sales growth for well-regarded consumer-facing companies.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including ability to accurately gauge project duration, effectively set expectations, deliver on deadlines, and manage a workload with possible conflicting priorities.
- Highly experienced in understanding and acting on consumer, industry and market insights.
- Demonstrated mature business judgment and ability to drive complex or difficult decisions within a complex organization.
Apply to EBSCO Industries Incorporated (Search Engine Marketing Manager)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.