We always knew there had to be a better way to buy used cars. One that would make the process easy and fun. So we created CarMax, and we've been changing the way America buys cars since we opened our first store in Richmond, Virginia in 1993.
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) assists in effectively developing & managing positive associate relations and supporting a culture of engagement and ongoing development. This is accomplished through supporting effective performance management practices, developing and executing training initiatives, effective conflict resolution, management development, recognition/reward programs, and sound employment policies and practices. The HRM is also a business partner in advising the management team regarding associate relations, HR policies/procedures and assists in ensuring business initiatives align with Human Resources strategy.
* Provide leadership and support to business managers on policy interpretation and other associate relations matters, including performance management, associate relations, internal investigations and development needs.
* Effective oversight and execution of company compensation, benefits, talent management and associate relations process and initiatives.
* Analyze Human Resources metrics to assess trends; take action to address patterns. Build and maintain strong, effective partnerships with the management teams to maintain the valued CarMax culture.
* Guide, coach and train managers and associates on a variety of topics. Assist in the development of classes/programs.
* Management and facilitation of the company Management Assessment Process and affiliated developmental programs.
* Understand and apply Federal and State laws in conjunction with CarMax policies and procedures.
* Establish and maintain trust by building effective relationships with associates at all levels of the organization. Deliver exceptional customer service to all internal customers.
* Work in partnership with the on-site Recruiting and Training teams and partner with appropriate resources at the Home Office, in Richmond, VA, to develop and implement organizational resolutions to meet the needs of the Auto Finance Division.
* The ability to champion change, effectively influence others
* Proven leadership track record
* Strong facilitation and communications skills
* Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a team based environment
* Strong action orientation, attention to detail and ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
* Proficient computer skills, including moderate skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
* Some travel is required
**Education and Experience:**
* The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years work experience in a Human Resources Manager role, or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 2 years in a Sr. HR Generalist role.
* Undergraduate college degree is preferred.
* HRCI/SHRM Certification is preferred.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.