Aclara Technologies LLC is a world-class supplier of smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) to more than 780 water, gas, and electric utilities globally. Aclara SIS offerings include smart meters and other field devices, advanced metering infrastructure and software and services that enable utilities to predict and respond to conditions, leverage their distribution networks effectively and engage with their customers.
The HR Manager will support Aclara’s Smart Grid Solutions (SGS) division by delivering support in areas of safety, training and development, talent management, with a strong focus on employee relations while working closely with SGS management as a trusted business partner. In addition, this position is responsible for providing practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to assigned partner division managers on HR procedures/policy, best practices, benefits, and facilitating the achievement of objectives and targets of the organization.
* Providing coaching to managers on difficult and complex employee relations and HR issues.
* Liaising with Compensation Director on salary and job levels for existing and prospective staff consistent with organization, market conditions and policies; ensures job descriptions are current.
* Partnering with talent acquisition team and hiring managers to ensure all requested positions are properly posted and within budgetary guidelines.
* Working with HR team to update policies, maintaining policy manuals as well as employee handbooks as needed.
* Keeping managers informed on EEOC policies and governmental regulations.
* Assisting the benefits team with administering and keeping information on benefits and compensation packages up-to-date.
* Receiving employee complaints and working closely with the Employee Relations and Compliance leader and Sr. Director HR to resolve them quickly and within company policy.
* Utilizing outside resources to monitor issues and concerns in employment law, communicating potential changes to senior management.
* Providing pragmatic and consistent guidance and advice to managers on grievance, attendance, disciplinary, and performance issues.
* Raising proactive issues with managers, identifying practical solutions to complex and diverse HR issues, and recommending appropriate action plans.
* Conduct exit interviews and monitor data obtained from exit interviews.
* A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management/Business Administration or related field; a PHR certification a plus.
* At least 7 years’ experience as an HR Manager/Business Partner supporting an hourly workforce. Experience supporting multiple locations of an hourly, production type workforce.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience with a focus on employee relations issues and employment law.
* Ability to influence and persuade senior management level.
* Pragmatic problem-solving skills.
* Articulate communicator and ability to interpret and explain written and statistical data to a wide range of audiences.
* High standard of attention to detail and follow-up.
* Solid commitment to customer or employee service.
* Ability to convey difficult and challenging information to managers.
* Ability to manage time and prioritize work.
* Competent working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and other related software utilizing a Windows platform.
Experience working with Unions
Travel up to 40%.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.