At Youth Villages, we fiercely believe that building strong families is the answer. Our counselors are a force for families, providing Evidentiary Family Restoration® for kids and parents alike. We do this with one goal in mind: to ensure that each child has a functioning family and a safe, permanent home. Because stronger families result in safer neighborhoods and better communities for everyone.
Research Assistants provide support to the Research department in a variety of areas and tasks. These areas include but may not be limited to the following:
scoring assessments for clinical and research use;
mailing letters to our families for follow-up;
searching administrative records when youth discharge for contact information and other relevant data;
using established tracing methods to search for new contact information for families;
coding administrative data in a medical records database
The Research Assistant needs to be able to juggle multiple, competing priorities. Flexibility and willingness to learn new systems and technology is a key component. Currently, a Research Assistant may be required to have familiarity with processes in up to 6 databases. Attention to detail is extremely important as all tasks are detail oriented and data accuracy is vital.
* High School Diploma or GED Required
* Previous data entry or related experience required
* Detail oriented
* Excellent verbal and critical thinking skills
* Experience using an electronic medical records database is helpful
* Must be able to handle multiple assignments and deadlines
* Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, and Word) required.
* Knowledge of Youth Villages' programs is useful.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.