At Ultimate Software, we have always put our people first. This idea permeates our culture to its core. For over 25 years, it has driven us to create the innovative products and services we offer today. As a result, we enable our customers to put their people first—helping them build the people-centric environments they need to grow and meet their business goals.
Ultimate Software is currently seeking a customer focused, highly energetic, and experienced individual to join our Payment Services Team as Payroll Tax Analyst I. The potential candidate will assume some of payroll tax related responsibilities included but are not limited to quarterly and annual reconciliation of wage and tax and analyzing and resolution of payroll tax notices. The qualified candidate will have strong customer service and payroll tax filing experience. The position will demand strong organizational and analytical skills and problem-solving expertise.
* Research and resolve payroll tax notices for multi-state tax entities.
* As part of tax notice research process, it may be necessary to reconcile QTD and YTD tax amounts withheld, reported, and deposited on quarterly and annual basis for assigned entities.
* Assist with various projects as assigned.
* Provide assistance to business units on payroll tax related inquiries.
* Maintain and update tax notice cases in Salesforce with resolution progress including communication to customers.
* Working knowledge of payroll tax quarterly annual reconciliations.
* Excellent analytical and follow up skills
* Proficient in the user of Microsoft Excel and Word
* CPP accreditation preferred
* Working knowledge of wage rules at the state and federal levels preferred
* Working knowledge of MasterTax, Salesforce and UltiPro preferred
* Good oral and written communication skills and above average administrative skills
* Good time management skills in order to meet production and aging goals
* Ability to interface with all departments both within the company as well as eternal sources
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, or a minimum of 3 years equivalent work experience.
**Travel Requirement:** 10% Limited travel upon request
Apply to Ultimate Software (Payroll Tax Analyst I)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.