Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled business process outsourcing, serving the transportation and logistics needs of their clients. Their proprietary web-based technology, dedicated service teams and robust procurement power enables their clients to see significant transportation savings while receiving best-in-class service.
Payroll Manager to oversee all functions in relation to end to end payroll processing. This person will be responsible for processing all payroll and payroll tax functions in conjunction with a Payroll & Benefits Specialist, administering deferred compensation, and performing payroll accounting functions.
* Manage payroll workload to meet operational requirements.
* Supervise and co-ordinate activities of payroll staff.
* Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner.
* Manage compliance with statutory reporting and Tax filing requirements.
* Support all internal and external audits related to payroll.
* Interpret new legislation impacting payroll.
* Perform the functions of the payroll processes for all paygroups using UltiPro Enterprise.
* Utilize UltiPro to create reports on statistical payroll information, create ad hoc reports related to payroll.
* Recommends or participates in the development of new procedures and policies related to payroll operations utilizing knowledge of state and federal policies and regulations.
* Processes garnishments which include child supports, tax levies, student loans, WRIT of garnishments, etc.
* Resolves discrepancies with payroll and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of records and employee payments.
* Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
* Assist with the administration of benefit programs by maintaining employee database; responding to requests; researching problems; benefit payment audits and providing information to employees.
* Assist with Open Enrollment and ensure benefit elections are accurate and data feeds to payroll process year end reporting as necessary (W2s, 1095C, etc).
* College degree required
* 3-5 years’ experience owning and running entire payroll process
* 5 Years Multi State Payroll Experience required
* Ultipro experience preferred
* Previous management experience preferred (1-2 years’)
* 1-2 years’ experience managing internal processes between Accounting and Payroll
* Understanding of General Ledger
* In depth knowledge of Federal and State regulations and policies in regards to payroll operations
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.