A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a national engineering, consulting and construction management firm providing integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to operations.
A leading, national environmental/engineering consulting firm is seeking a Full-Time Senior Industrial Hygienist who is experienced in performing industrial hygiene assessments, preparation of reports, proposals, and is familiar with other environmental consulting fields. The qualified individual will provide environmental consulting related services in the San Francisco, California area.
* Manage and provide asbestos, lead, exposure assessment and indoor air quality consulting services.
* Manage and conduct industrial hygiene surveys for noise, indoor air quality, mold, asbestos, lead, etc.
* Conduct Phase I Environmental Site Assessments.
* Position may require short-term travel throughout the United States. Reliable automobile transportation is required.
* Successful candidate will need to be self-motivated, have the ability to work independently and require little supervision.
* Client Management and business development.
* Valid driver's license and associated state required motor vehicle insurance.
* Good understanding of federal, state and local regulations as related to asbestos, lead, etc.
* Experience must have been gained from working on industrial, commercial, and multi-family sites (single family residential experience will not be considered).
* Must be able to comprehend client expectations, communicate with team members and clients and have good interpersonal skills.
* US Citizen or permanent work status.
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, engineering, environmental, safety or related science field.
* Possess or the ability to obtain Certified Industrial Hygiene (CIH) designation within one year of hire date.
* 7-10+ years of experience in the environmental consulting field.
* Existing Client base (nationally or local market) preferred.
* Current AHERA certified asbestos building inspector and CAC.
* EPA accredited lead inspector/risk assessor.
* Ability to read PCM samples preferred (NIOSH 582 equivalent course required - 1 day of microscopy training not acceptable).
* 40-Hour HAZWOPER certified.
* Strong communication and writing abilities.
* Efficiency with computer/key boarding and use of MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe PDF.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.