Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™, Rebel™ and Tesoro® brands.
The Operator, Pipeline/Terminal I will, under the direction of the Senior Operator and Supervisor, Terminal Operations, coordinate pipeline and terminal operations. The Operator, Pipeline/Terminal I will respond as needed throughout the pipeline and terminal system.
- Gain knowledge and experience in operations and maintenance, including: Safe Work Practices, procedures and policies, system-wide operations and routine maintenance.
- Ensure a safe and environmentally sound operation.
- Participates as necessary during emergency responses.
- Consults with other operators on an as-needed basis to understand optimization directives are understood and are being implemented.
- Supports Operation and Maintenance including Pipeline/Terminal Operators, Facility Inspector, Mechanic, Corrosion Specialist, and I&E personnel under direction from the Supervisor, Terminal Operations.
- Providing "Person in Charge" responsibilities involving Pipeline and Terminal operations.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required.
- Up to 18 months of experience in the pipeline, petroleum, and/or operations.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to effectively communicate in interactions with regulatory agencies, Engineering and Operations staff, and Management
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.