To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant technical field and two years’ experience or 4-8 years’ experience with network design, implementation and support in medium to large IP network of routers, switches, wireless and security infrastructure.
* Knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, wireless and security technologies.
* Advanced LAN knowledge, including Ethernet, VLAN tagging, STP, access/trunking, LACP, Stacking, L2 QoS, L2 security.
* Advanced WAN and IP knowledge including point-to-point, private line, Metro Ethernet, IPSec/VPN, MPLS, PPP.
* Advanced client VPN knowledge including IPSec/SSL, encryption/hash mechanisms and multi-factor authentication.
* Multi-protocol network experience including OSPF, BGP, TCP/IP, UDP, SSH, DHCP, RTP, VRRP, HSRP, wireless (802.11), NAT/PAT.
* Experience with network security, network firewalls, access control management, and standard security monitoring tools and principles.
* Experience with monitoring and alerting technologies including SNMP, ICMP, NetFlow.
* Experience in hardware provisioning, installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
* Working knowledge of Windows layered products including MS Exchange, DNS and Active Directory.
* Participate in a 24x7 shared on-call schedule.
* Basic project management skills
* Proficient with MS Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Visio.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and work groups.
**Certificates and Licenses**
CCNP and other Cisco R/S, Wireless, and/or Security certifications preferred. Other certifications: CCNA, MCSE
**Physical Requirements/Work environment**
The physical requirements/work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle and feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.