Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Account Executives for Surgical Safety are responsible for the achievement of corporate sales objectives and spearheading all customer activities within their respective geographic region. In addition to being accountable for all activities in generating new sales in their respective regions, Account Executives are directly responsible coordinating trials at new prospective customers, validating the business case for and driving the internal approval process for each customer trial, coordinating the implementation process for new customer implementations, strengthening and maintaining relationships with all current and prospective customers within their region and with all SurgiCount and Cactus distributor representatives. Account Executives will call on a wide spectrum of call points within stand-alone acute care hospitals and integrated delivery networks, including C-suite (CEO, CFO, CNO, CMO), OR leadership, Risk Management, Quality, Materials Management, surgeons and nursing staff. In addition to responsibilities specific to their region, Account Executives will assist executive and marketing management in the development and execution of various corporate strategies including marketing, training, and product development.
* Promotes and sells Stryker SurgiCount and Cactus products
* Educates and informs healthcare leaders and providers on as to the proper use and maintenance of products
* Directs product trials and evaluations
* May assist in the preparation for and operation of trade shows, conventions and/or clinical meetings
* Keeps management and business leadership informed of sales progress on a regular basis
* Solves product-related problems for customers in an expeditious fashion
* May assist in the training and development of sales personnel
* Manages and maintains accurate inventory of and accountability for sample products
* Understands and adheres to all OR and relevant OSHA guidelines during product evaluations
* Comfortable using computers and other technologies for sales and sales support activities
* Adheres to all GMP policies and procedures as stipulated by FDA
* Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
* Must be able to communicate with large groups of people
* Must be able to communicate telephonically
* Must be able to use common office equipment (e.g. fax, modem, calculator, PC, etc.)
* Up to 20% overnight travel annually
* Must be able to drive an automobile
* Must be able to routinely negotiate price and terms of transactions between Stryker and its customers
* Must be able to readily solve customer complaints
* Must have fundamental command of all products and be able to disseminate this knowledge to the customer
* Must be able to analyze territory market potential prioritize call patterns accordingly
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent analytical skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* 5+ years in an outside sales position (medical related fields or b2b sales preferred) or Bachelors Degree from an Accredited University with at least 2+ years of outside sales experience preferred.
* Field sales training
* In-house product training program
* Computer training
Apply to Stryker (Account Executive for Surgical Safety)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.