Ranker is a leading digital media company for opinion-based, crowdsourced rankings on just about everything.
We put the power in the hands of our audience to answer debates on topics including pop culture, sports, politics, brands and lifestyle. Using Ranker's unique technology, those lists become definitive rankings based on the "wisdom of the crowd."
The ideal candidate has experience assigning, writing and editing for the web, a deep understanding of Internet culture and the ability to edit copy to be clear and snappy. You love making lists, and it’s easy for you to think of story ideas in round-up or list formats. You are also a fast, organized and detail-oriented editor, who can manage deadlines.
You are obsessed with consuming current TV, Online Streaming Programs and Movies. You are well versed in nostalgia and trivia in these verticals too. You are the kind of person who spots Easter eggs and notices interesting recurring themes in whatever you are watching. You embrace both high and low brow entertainment. You are capable of both drafting off trending topics and creating one-of-a-kind content, that gets shared because it’s original and high quality. You are metrics-oriented and have a proven track record of growing traffic in the movies and TV verticals. You have a strong desire to be part of something great early on, and have the skills and work ethic to make it greater.
- Generate creative and compelling ideas for Rankable lists and photo galleries
- Assign and edit a high volume of daily content at a fast pace
- Recruit new talented writers who can write clever, funny, A-list quality work
- Ensure that copy is accurate, grammatically correct and entertaining
- Hands-on creation of social posts
- Optimize content for SEO
- Analyze metrics and grow our social traffic?
- Minimum 1 year experience as an editor in TV or Movies vertical (We are considering Jr. & Sr. hires)
- Assigning experience. You’ve managed multiple freelancers before.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience editing according to a style manual, such as the AP Stylebook
- Photo skills - picking great images, cropping, etc. Creative photoshop skills a plus.
- Facility with web analytics, Google docs and working in a CMS
- Relationships with publicists & celebrity interview experience a plus
- Broader entertainment knowledge in celebrity, music, games, comics also a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.