Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait.
The District Manager will lead a team of sales professionals to achieve sales and financial goals for Pfizer Injectables in the assigned market and ensure the execution of strategic sales plans. Responsible for attaining results through the optimum utilization of market resources, ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures, management of key customer accounts, and utilization of their people management skills. The District Manager has leadership responsibility for a multistate territory (Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi) and will be expected to travel up to 60%.
**Coaching and Leadership:**
* Lead a team of sales representatives to achieve the district sales plan through effective hiring, developing and coaching of team members.
* Ensure the successful execution of sales strategies with specific and actionable feedback on the approach, professionalism, and compliance
* Regularly provide timely feedback and coaching to sales representatives to drive high performance culture.
* Effectively monitor District and Rep performance by setting targets and expectations, holding self and others accountable for results and taking timely and appropriate action to address opportunities for improvement.
* Assist in driving results of team through the analysis of the district sales funnel and identification of upcoming key account opportunities.
* Has complete understanding of all relevant compliance laws, policies and processes. Ensures actions of self and team are fully compliant.
* Assesses effective use of all sales tools, reports, and resources, ensures team is maximizing these tools to drive results within the district.
**Strategic Business Planning and Account Development:**
* Through collaboration within the Region, develops and implements District business plan, manages District budget and overall responsibility for sales performance at District level in alignment with expectations.
* Oversee the development and implementation of business plans for District and implement national sales strategies and programs. Host /facilitate district business reviews to ensure plans and strategies are having impact. Track the progress of Portfolio messages and programs.
* Demonstrate a strong understanding of customer business, financial needs, and strategy.
**Key Account Management and Sales Skills:**
* Ensure all representatives establish and continually manage sales activities to build relationships with all Buying Influences (Pharmacy, Nurse, Surgery, Materials, etc.).
* Establish and maintain effective communication with all members of the District, Region, National Account, and Leadership Teams and effectively execute plan of action with regard to large group practices (IDN’s).
* Require that sales team members understand customer contracts in order to identify additional opportunities and to increase contract compliance.
* Oversee the effective utilization of Pfizer resources to accomplish sales goals and strategies.
* Oversee the effective management of product trials, contract conversions, and new product launches.
* Bachelor’s degree is required with a concentration in sciences, business or related field preferred. MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred.
* At least four years of hospital, medical device, or related sales experience preferred with minimum of three to five years spent in a position with demonstrated leadership across peer and customer groups.
* Prior hospital selling experience required.
* Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or IDN’s (integrated delivery networks). Ability to develop and motivate others, lead trough change, and deliver on Pfizer business imperatives is necessary to be successful in this role. Strong organizational and analytical skills and ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications required.
* Experience in other facets of commercial organizations (contracting, financial, sales operations) a plus.
Apply to Pfizer Inc. (District Business Manager, Injectables and Delivery Systems)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.