**Overall Project Management**
* Plan, initiate and manage Facility projects as assigned from inception to completion.
* Develop, control, and monitor project scope, management plan, budgets, schedules, and progress to ensure goals and objectives are being met.
* Oversee the work of the Project Team including, internal staff, consultants, and contractors. Apply sound architectural, engineering, and project management principles and practices.
* Ensure that all work and activities support NJM's standards for quality, reasonableness and good stewardship.
* Working with a team of consultants and in-house Facility staff, develop preliminary designs and cost estimates necessary to secure project approval.
* Evaluate project opportunities and constraints, and weigh optional approaches to doing the work.
* Upon selection and approval of a plan, oversee the development of detailed construction drawings and specifications. Confirm the construction documents are accurate and complete.
* Establish and manage project procurement processes including establishing the contract structure, award system, and contractor compensation system.
* Prequalify bidders and prepare requests for proposals, bid instructions, bid forms, and other bid documents including drawings, specifications, and owner-contractor agreements.
* Receive and evaluate bids, de-scope contractors, and notify bidders.
* Confirm appropriate permits are in place and the project is in compliance with state and local laws and regulations.
* Plan and monitor project sequence and activities with a high sensitivity to the continuity of business operations.
* Ensure the work is being executed safely and efficiently. Track work progress and update schedules and critical path. Identify areas of concern and develop action plans.
* Manage requests for information (RFI) and requests for comment (RFC) with design consultants and contractors.
* Coordinate and communicate product information.
* Report project costs, including budget, current commitments, and projections to complete.
* Verify the completeness of the work and confirm all contractual obligations have been met by consultants and contractors.
* Make sure record and as-built drawings are complete. Confirm all close-out documents, including manuals, warranties and certificates are delivered as required.
* Ensure Facility staff and other end-users are trained on new systems and equipment, and have access to project drawings and documents.
* Close-out project financial reports.
* Complete and prepare project record files for archive.