Amtrak connect businesses and communities across the country and move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States.
Provide professional architectural / engineering services, project management oversight and inter-department coordination for Amtrak station projects and other design projects on the Northeast Corridor and in Amtrak’s National Inter-City system, ensuring the assigned projects are designed in compliance with Amtrak guidelines, ADA guidelines, and federal/state/regional regulatory agencies requirements.
* Provide assistance to manage, procure, administer, and oversee large stations design projects using design consulting firms
* Special emphasis on interdepartmental coordination towards ADA and Public Information Display System implementation pursuant to Amtrak’s compliance with ADA requirements
* Collaborate among internal and external partners for station projects across the Amtrak system representing Engineering Structures, Stations Program.
* Develop station design standards
* Perform design and/or engineering tasks on station design projects under $100,000 with oversight by in-house Amtrak registered design professional
* Administer the design of major station initiatives system-wide, working with internal and external stakeholders, and with federal and local officials to progress Amtrak corridor initiatives
* Professional design review of external and third-party station design projects that impact or have the potential to impact Amtrak assets
* Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or related field
* Demonstrated experience in design and construction industry
* Engineer in Training, or studying for certification exam in discipline
* Demonstrated experience in project and program management
* Demonstrated strategic planning experience
* Demonstrated managerial experience with 3rd party architectural and engineering consultants
* Extensive understanding of ADA regulations and ICC Building Codes
* Demonstrated knowledge in Autocad, Microstation, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Primavera, Expedition Project Control System
**Preferred Work Experience:**
* Familiarity with railroad operations, procedures and construction methods
* Experience with large scale architecturally and historically sensitive facilities
* Demonstrated knowledge of Amtrak corporate structures and procedures
Master’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture
**Communication and Interpersonal Skills:**
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.