Mr. Cooper is the consumer brand for the mortgage servicing and originations operation of Nationstar Mortgage Holdings Inc. (NYSE: NSM). Based in Dallas, Texas, Mr. Cooper is one of the largest home loan servicers in the country focused on delivering a variety of servicing and lending products and technologies to make the home loan process more rewarding and less worrisome.
The Customer Service Associate I - Bilingual is responsible for handling in-bound calls from customers or third parties regarding all general servicing questions. The Customer Service Associate I – Bilingual will also make outbound calls and work directly with the borrower to determine the best possible method to permanently resolve delinquency by using a variety of collections and workout techniques. The position is responsible for using verbal and interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer service and knowledgeable responses to resolve customer calls. These duties are all performed in the secondary language with a minimum of 50% the monthly work transactions.
* Compares and evaluates possible customer service solutions, and decides which to recommend to customers to best meet their needs and circumstances including delinquency.
* Responsible for prompt and accurate response to customer’s mortgage servicing questions and concerns.
* Assists borrowers with late charge waiver, due date change, and other loan maintenance requests.
* Essential job functions include, contacting borrower, primarily by phone, to assess their current financial situation. Evaluating borrower for full payment or workout options. May skip-trace to find and collect on delinquent accounts. Working with management team to identify problems and improve recovery efforts.
* Meet Quality Assurance requirements and other key performance metrics.
* Must possess professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers over the phone.
* Must possess and be able to demonstrate strong influencing and closing skills.
* Input data and verify information as it pertains to processing telephone draft payments.
* Provide customers with information about company products and services to generate additional revenue through product referrals.
* Properly document each customer interaction in the servicing system.
* Perform follow-up and research tasks to ensure problem resolution.
* Adhere to operational controls, including legal, corporate, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer mortgage assets.
* Must successfully complete internal ACTFL certification testing.
* Other duties as assigned.
**Functional Job Competencies**
* Integrity and Trust
* Learning On The Fly
* Interpersonal Savvy
**Education/ Experience Requirements**
* A high school diploma or state accepted equivalency is required. Graduation from a 4-year college or university with major course work in a related discipline is preferred.
* Understanding of federal and state mortgage servicing requirements, standards and servicing processes preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year experience of mortgage customer service background preferred or customer service experience in a banking or financial services environment considered.
Apply to Mr. Cooper (Customer Service Associate I)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.