Morningstar provides independent investment research to investors worldwide.
It offers internet, software, and print-based products for individuals, financial advisors, and institutions. It also supplies asset-management services to advisors, institutions, and retirement-plan participants.
Morningstar is looking for a talented Product Manager to develop financial planning and proposal generation capabilities for the advisor segment. The role will be part of the Advisor Software team. The Product Manager is responsible for prioritizing, developing and executing on the roadmap. The Product Manager strategies launching the product to market, collaborates with sales, service and marketing to establish KPIs, and tracks towards the established goals.
* Own the product roadmap, prioritization, value proposition, and product development lifecycle
* Attend industry conferences, build relationships with third party software vendors and be the go-to person for all financial planning needs – internally and externally
* Work with other product and capability owners from across the organization to develop a product integration vision that supports and advances their business goals.
* Develop business requirements refined and validated with customers, prioritize conflicting work, and work within an Agile software development framework.
* Oversee the success of financial planning implementations to help recognize new revenue.
* Use data for development and testing of hypotheses, managing with KPIs and measurements of product success (e.g. customer satisfaction, quality, time to market, etc.), and guiding next steps.
* Collaborate as a unified cross-functional team inspired by a common vision, and evangelize this vision across teams to create excitement and shared success with the broader organization.
* Work with cross-functional leaders to determine technology, design, and project management resource requirements to execute and delivery on commitments.
* Represent Morningstar products at conferences, client meetings, user forums, etc.
* A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, computer science or related field is required; a graduate degree is preferred. CFP is a plus.
* A minimum of seven years of relevant and progressive experience in client service, sales or product management.
* Knowledge and experience with Agile development, and good technical acumen are plus.
* A knowledge of Morningstar products and the markets they serve is required.
* Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.