Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Primary Activities include:
- Performs ad-hoc SAP/Hire-to-Retire (HtR) reporting and results analysis as requested by various stakeholders throughout Merck Canada Inc., Schering-Plough Canada Inc. and Intervet. This support includes providing data for mandatory government reporting/surveys (Stats Canada, Pay Equity Commission, Employment Canada, Office de la Langue française, turnover stats, etc.) as well as data validation as requested in support of internal audits (payroll, benefits, pension).
- Is the local owner of the weekly & monthly reports generated by HR Support Center to support day-to-day operational and administrative activities (employee status changes and rosters, turnover reports).
- Supports workforce data submissions to Corporate related to GHH Long Range Operating Plan (LROP), Profit Plan, and works closely with Finance to reconcile headcount and salary figures (ex: quarterly headcount reconciliation) in a timely and accurate manner, while maintaining confidentiality of HR data.
- Develops workaround solutions where SAP reporting functionality does not exist.
- Manually tracks and maintains data outside of HtR, such as annual vacation entitlement. Identifies policy deviations and escalates them to the Rewards & Benefits Manager for resolution.
- Investigates and resolves data integrity issues in HtR as reported by HR Business Partners (HRBPs), Payroll, and/or Sales Operations.
- In support of Canadian restructuring activities, incumbent develops HR data tracking and reporting tools, maintains the new Canadian severance letter generating tool in Excel, prepares the initial draft of the separation letters, submits all transactions for processing, and prepares Corporate severance reports.
- Prepares and submits all Canadian OM templates to HR Support Center for processing of mass transactions to reflect organization changes.
- Provides required HR data to support Sales Operations team for SIP calculation purposes.
- Works with local HRBPs to support local or Corporate strategic initiatives by providing ad-hoc reports and analyses, HR metrics, and the development of Excel or Word-based tools.
- Education: Bachelor degree
- Experience: Three to five years of relevant financial, HR or general analytical experience
- Advanced Excel and SAP/ERP knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and reporting capabilities
- Able to provide recommendations in the relevant business context
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Discretion (given the confidential nature of HR data)
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with all management levels
- Systems savvy
- Familiarity with HR and/or Payroll environment including headcount management (asset)
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry (asset)
- Language: Bilingual (French and English)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.