Guidepoint is a leading expert network firm connecting business decision-makers with experts around the world. Since our inception in 2003, we’ve arranged more than a half million interactions between our clients and experts. We support clients in identifying critical insights through a suite of services including phone consultations, in-person meetings, custom surveys and proprietary data products.
The Events Planning Associate will be responsible for assisting the Events Manager and the Events Team Lead in the organization and coordination of all company sponsored meetings and events including: breakfast/lunch meetings, educational seminars and groups meetings at medical events and conferences.
* Oversee events details including site selection, travel arrangements, vendor selection, food and beverage services, etc.
* Research and identify potential event sites, overnight accommodations, catering, transportation, and recreational events and entertainment.
* Prepare expense budgets and negotiates contracts with vendors.
* Ensure all meeting materials are complete and accurate.
* Work closely with other team members to ensure successful execution of meetings.
* Previous relevant work experience in events and/or conference planning.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and textually.
* Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
* Proficiency in MS-Office and Outlook.
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task and to work under tight deadlines.
* Flexibility to work long and unpredictable hours.
* Availability to travel and attend meeting conferences.
* Proficient in the use of the internet for research.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere.
* A desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
**Favored Applicants Will Have:**
* Broad based knowledge of the healthcare industry.
* Ability to think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.