FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by Forbes® Magazine as one of the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2013, the Company has approximately 19,500 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 17 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems.
As a Technical Product Specialist, you will be responsible for technical pre-sale and post-sale product support activities. These responsibilities include but are not limited to applications engineering, customer specification review, special order processing and pricing (working with the appropriate product manager), customer witness testing, warranty reviews, field test coordination, executing special product test plans and answer product questions and supporting a Q&A database. The ultimate goal is to not only serve and support the customer but to make both inside sales and field service aware of potential revenue generating situations through the sale of new product / remanufactured equipment or field service opportunities.
* Lead functional project teams and provide leadership in the area of technical expertise to the other Technical Support Specialists.
* You will work on developing application guides and bulletins for internal / external customer use in customer and application knowledge to new product development as well as perform testing or research product differentiation and advantages.
* Develop and provide product training for internal and external customers.
* Attend and advise on technical industry code standards and committees in order to guide requirements or legislation and be able to research and specify new technology that may be required as a result of committee decisions.
* Effectively utilize the CRM, pipeline and activity processes to identify, assist and manage, product presentations, features and requests
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
order to streamline the product quotation process. This will include reviewing competitor product interfaces to FMC Technologies interfaces. You will support the development of the product configurator and web based apps.
* You will support marketing communications in the review of product literature and website technical information and support development of product video updates and content.
* This position will execute special product testing in order to develop application guides or technical bulletins and in some cases handle competitive testing to gain knowledge on product differentiation.
* Collaborate with other departments within FMC Technologies to provide product support for external customers.
* You will work with product management providing knowledge and input from your experience with customers on applications and field issues into new product development ideas.
* Provide technical application advice for all measurement products and accessories that cannot be provided by the inside sales technical application specialists.
* Review and process special order requests. Working directly with inside sales, product management, operations, engineering and measurement specialists to determine technical feasibility, review application risks, and establish appropriate profit margins.
* Technical product support interface during customer witness testing.
* Review of products returned for warranty consideration and report findings to Product Management, Quality and Production.
* Customer support in field application issues and product concerns that are beyond the scope of field service technicians.
* Develop application guidelines and bulletins for use by sales, distributors and inside sales to streamline the quotation process.
* Work directly with product management on new product development and/or product differentiation. You will lend
* BA/BS in related field preferred, or equivalent year’s work experience.
* Typically 12+ years of technical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge with flow meters, electronics or measurement equipment required
* Working knowledge of the markets, products, customers, and competitors in the Oil & Gas industry
* Highly skilled at preparing and presenting reports and work products and providing assistance to others in preparing and presenting.
* Self-motivated and able to schedule tasks to meet deadlines working with multiple departments without direct reports.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills including strong listening skills
* Ability and willingness to travel domestic and international up to 10% of the time
* Must possess a unique blend of technical product knowledge with a focus for customer success.
* Must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. Will work with sales, technical applications specialist, customer service, product management, measurement specialists, engineering, quality assurance and field service in order to solve customer issues and gain market and customer intelligence.
* Proficient in relevant MS Office and other relevant applications.
* Ability to implement product/project execution plans as required by relevant policy and procedures; solutions are derived from knowledge gained through past external experiences and internal resources. Has general knowledge of business operations and ability to recognize the need and assist in implementing organizational change effectively. Solutions are derived from interpreted and applied general information and consultation with other individuals.
* Ability to visualize and oversee the design of new concepts and ideas related to the broader organization as well as functional area of expertise; ability to lead organizational change.
Apply to FMC Technologies (Technical Product Specialist IV)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.