Hughes Network Systems (Hughes), an EchoStar Company, is the world’s leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies, managed services, and solutions for enterprises and governments globally. HughesNet is the #1 high-speed satellite Internet service in the marketplace, with offerings to suit every budget. To date, Hughes has shipped more than 4 million systems to customers in over 100 countries.
Hughes has an exciting job opportunity for a Senior Accounting Assistant to support Corporate Accounts Payable in our Finance organization. The candidate selected for this opportunity will join a team of individuals focused on corporate operational accounting responsibilities.
* Daily review of email in-box multiple times daily, scan and attach invoices received
* Distribution of documentation to appropriate AP coordinator
* Accountable for established corporate processes & procedures for the Accounts Payable department
* Have some knowledge of uploading vendor invoices files into financial reporting system
* Data entry of vendor invoices (completing 3 way match)
* Sort and file processed invoices for weekly check run
* Match check copies to appropriate vendor invoices and ensure that all remittance backup is included with payment
* Process payments in accordance with set vendor payment terms
* Complete monthly service invoice accruals
* Work closely with Procurement on any invoice discrepancies including price, quantity or goods receipt issues.
* Resolve customer invoice disputes
* Review vendor statements regularly to ensure that all invoices listed have been received
* High-school diploma or GED
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounts Payable or relevant equivalent experience
* Strong administrative and organizational skills
* Ability to effectively interact and work with internal and external customers both verbally & written
* Strong communication skills to work through analysis and issues that arise on accounts
* A team-player with a desire to contribute high-quality work resulting in success for the overall team and company.
* Knowledge of SAP Accounts Payable system
* Efficient use of Microsoft Office applications expected (Excel and Word) as well as 10-key calculator
* Basic understanding of bookkeeping principles is required
* Able to work well independently & process a large volume of mail, invoices & inquiries on a daily basis