Hughes Network Systems (Hughes), an EchoStar Company, is the world’s leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies, managed services, and solutions for enterprises and governments globally. HughesNet is the #1 high-speed satellite Internet service in the marketplace, with offerings to suit every budget. To date, Hughes has shipped more than 4 million systems to customers in over 100 countries.
Hughes is seeking a Cost Accountant to join our General Accounting team and play a key role in supporting a vibrant high technology organization. The candidate selected for this opportunity will join a TEAM of individuals focused on the corporate accounting functions of Hughes.
* Accounting for the corporate general ledger, including preparing journal entries, schedules and analysis for the monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger close.
* Preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations
* Identify opportunities for process improvements and makes suggestions for improvement
* Analyze reports, records, and financial data
* Organize files and records in an efficient manner
* Other duties as assigned by manager or senior accountant
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
* 2+ years of accounting experience with a good understanding of revenue recognition concepts and overall financial statement preparation
* 2+ years of experience with Excel required (intermediate skill level)
* 1 or more years of related general ledger accounting experience
* Understanding of accounting principles, basic analytical skills, good organizational skills, and excellent time management skills
* Corporate accounting experience
* Experience with SAP
* Experience with Inventory and Project based accounting
* Understanding of revenue recognition concepts and accruals
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written) – able to communicate and establish working relationships with other departments and personnel; capable of drafting and organizing substantial documents
* Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, mathematical calculations and formulas associated with the calculations
* Ability to excel within time constraints and rapid turnaround situations.
* Strives to achieve effective performance within the team, working for the overall success of the company
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.