Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps.
Responsible for providing on-site and remote sales support to individual franchise owners, sales reps and advertising clients for all print and digital sales efforts in the franchise organization related to recruiting, training, sales strategy and field activity.
1. Primary functions are to increase corporate revenue growth above goal for the assigned franchises. Performs on-site verifications of best sales practice measures and validates the sale policies, methods and practices in place to achieve best practice results. Works with Franchisees to determine the best communication methods. Use of a checklist system is mandatory.
2. Assists franchisees to develop, implement and monitor sales management strategies around best practices. Ensures that all franchises know of, understand how to use and sell with all sales tools and sales programs available from Valpak.
3. Disseminates information about, and assists in local implementation of, Valpak sales programs and products.
4. Monitors local sales performance and effectiveness, conducting on-site inspections to thoroughly assess the franchise sales strengths, weaknesses and sales management practices.
5. Coordinates Valpak resources (recruiting, training) to develop and improve franchisee sales skills and to assist the franchisee in meeting specific needs or KPIs that are lower than average.
6. Coaches, counsels and mentors the franchisee in staff development (recruiting, interviewing, training, etc.), managing local sales issues and sales management.
7. Conducts in-field sales representative development and sales training along with sales meetings or stand-alone training sessions. Includes one-on-one field rides with sales representatives.
8. Brings outside credibility to franchisee with local staff by presenting sales experiences, practices and results of other franchise operations or individual experience.
9. Provides franchise information to senior management by recapping franchise sales activity, reporting business trends, sales challenges, and recommending corrective actions when necessary.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned or directed.
Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in sales management, general management, franchise field support or related experience OR a minimum of 5 years’ successful sales and sales leadership experience.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills
• Strong persuasion skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with deadlines
• Operational understanding of ~~~
• Ability to make independent judgment
• Thorough understanding of digital media
• Experience with results-based media sales; buying or planning a plus
• Detail oriented, self-starter with outstanding follow-up and follow-through skills
• Outstanding sales, negotiation, presentation and collaborative relationship management skills
• Demonstrated ability to innovatively create and execute on short and long-term business development strategies
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.