Cengage Learning is a leading educational content, technology, and services company for the higher education and K–12, professional and library markets worldwide. The company provides superior content, personalized services and course-driven digital solutions that accelerate student engagement and transform the learning experience.
As a member of the Legal Team, the Content and IP Acquisition Team serves the product team and the corporation in the development of all Cengage Learning products, by facilitating the selection of content and acquisition of inbound intellectual property and licenses. Our primary mission is to increase speed to market of Cengage products by simplifying and expediting the rights acquisition processes while maintaining compliance to legal policy, through excellence in planning, efficiency in management, effective consulting and partnering with key stakeholders.
* Works with IP Acquisitions team in executing all administrative duties.
* Administrative tasks to include filing, scanning, data entry and maintenance of existing databases, processing departmental mail and generating and distributing various activity reports.
* Maintain and organize agreement master files and offsite storage retentions.
* Support IP Project Managers by assisting with project launch as needed.
* Support IP Analysts by gathering review materials including downloading files and
* Assist Directors by scheduling meetings, answering inquiries, and executing other duties as needed.
* High school diploma or GED.
* 2 years recent relevant work experience in a business environment required.
* Independent self-starter, creative thinker, quick learner.
* Strong detail orientation and focus on accuracy.
* 1 year of experience and basic skill level working with spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software applications.
* Ability to independently and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with staff members in other functional groups.
* Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
* Ability to provide support to and take direction from people in different roles.
* An interest in publishing, intellectual property low or copyright preferred.
Apply to Cengage Learning (Intellectual Property Coordinator)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.