Ambit Energy provides electricity and natural gas services in deregulated markets across the United States, primarily marketed through a direct sales channel of more than 400,000 Independent Consultants.
* Responsible for supporting 1-2 business units.
* Act as a liaison between the internal business organization, development team / testing teams & senior management
* Effectively maintains a positive attitude and eagerness to make a difference
* Quickly understands business issues and data challenges for the team and industry
* Clear leader identifying team’s strengths and challenges to suggest areas of improvement in methodology & procedural changes
* Work with the team to continuously improve analyst processes & adherence to consistent expectations
* Handle both strategic and tactical projects that encompass requirements elicitation, system / screen design, user / functional requirements documentation & post production defect tracking
* Review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions
* Manage time & set priorities / deadlines appropriately & perform management escalations
* Adequately engages in and manages multiple initiatives
* Take initiative in a leadership role to work independently with users to define concepts and set expectations under direction of project managers
* Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
* Plays a key role in User Acceptance Testing efforts: provides acceptance criteria, use cases, and assists with business expectations & questions
* Ability to run SQL queries to get data for analysis on project related initiatives.
* Collaborates effectively with PM to report on issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality, and risk with possible mitigation strategies.
* Successfully practices Ambit core values.
* Continuous sharpening of BA skills (both self & team) by researching and bringing learning opportunities to sharpen our craft
* Appropriately expresses stakeholders verbatim desires and/or current projects needs using a combination of textual formats, visual data/processing modeling, diagrams, and metrics with limited assistance.
* Full time physical attendance is an essential element of the job
* Success in the following job competencies:
* Analysis and Facilitation skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills up to but not limited to: facilitation in meetings, emails, user stories, in person conversations, meeting notes, and presentation skills
* Customer Centric Focus and Relationship Building
* Elicitation of Business Requirements
* Champion for Change
* Information and Technology Proficiency
* Leadership mind set
* Effective Problem Solving and Decision Making skills
* Adaptability & Flexibility
* Strong analytical, organizational & time management skills
* Quick absorption of new information & new domains
* Team player – ability to work well within a team – accept and provide constructive criticism for team building and improving team functionality
* Must work effectively in a dynamic environment
* Building business knowledge to become a SME
* Understanding of Agile Software Development Life Cycle Methodology
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work related experience in a BA role
* 1-2 years prior analyst experience
* Independently manage small to medium sized projects
* 1-2 years of experience in gathering explicit business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement focus groups, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
* Capable of conducting self-directed research with minimal assistance in order to fill in any gaps in the requirements or feature requests made by business
* Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
* Independently facilitate with multiple teams and their agendas to come to a joint acceptance of desired project direction
* Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and distinguish between user wants and true needs.
* Can successfully deliver the following artifacts as needed: functional requirements, business requirements, use cases, GUI, screen and interface designs using standard templates and layouts with minimal assistance or guidance.
* Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements using natural language.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups and various levels of management (i.e. executives, managers, and subject matter experts)
**Additional Qualifications a Plus**
* Energy Industry Experience
* Training Experience
* QA Experience
* Development Knowledge a plus
* Working knowledge of data and project tracking system
* 1+ years of Project coordinator experience a plus
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.