Sevatec Inc., a high-technology services firm, serves the country by engaging trusted talent and leveraging technology innovation to overcome the federal government’s most pressing challenges. The company was founded in 2003 on the concept of “Seva”, which means “a commitment to serving others”. Sevatec attracts and retain trusted talent to partner with their government customers and engage in projects that serve to protect and improve the lives of Americans.
Sevatec, Inc. is looking for a talented Software Engineer to add to their dynamic team supporting a highly visible federal contract working with the latest tools in Agile Software Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment. The Project is an Internet-based application that facilitates timely electronic reporting and monitoring of international students and exchange visitors and their dependents in the United States.
* The scope of work for this effort provides Design, Development, and Operations support for the Student Exchange Visitors Program (SEVP) Portal for nonimmigrant students, to include processes, procedures, people, material, and information required to deliver, support, operate, and maintain the software aspects of the system.
* It also includes, as required, modifying the software system or component after delivery to correct faults; improving performance or other attributes; adapting to a changed environment or maintenance activities focused on anticipated problems; and performing preventative maintenance to support a continuously operating and reliable, stable, and secure application.
* Responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other team personnel.
* Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
**Required Skills and Experience:**
* Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, information systems or related field or 5+ years of relevant experience.
* Experience defining formal specifications, data flow diagrams, UML Diagrams and other accepted design tools and techniques.
* Designing web based software systems, domain analysis and implementation.
* Determining level of effort, size and schedule for software enhancements.
* Focus on continuous improvement of development processes.
* Responsibility for conforming to requirements, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Instructing, directing and offering technical expertise to junior team members.
**Desired Skills and Experience:**
Experience using tools such as JBoss/WIldfly, JSON, AngularJS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DynamoDB, MongoDB, Red Hat Linux, Jenkins
Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain an Agency Suitability clearance.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.