Udacity's mission is to democratize education. We're an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development.
Udacity is seeking a HR professional to be a champion of Udacity’s culture and values and support our employees in the delivery of organizational solutions. The HR Manager will provide HRBP support to two to three client groups and be responsible for various HR programs. The right candidate for this role will understand every aspect of the business and be a thought leader on people and organizational topics. They will contribute at both a hands-on and strategic level. This role is part of a small HR team which means you will be able to make big changes and have HUGE impact.
* Partner with senior leadership for client groups to drive talent initiatives within their teams that help them meet their business objectives.
* Coach managers on issues such as organization effectiveness, talent assessment, team dynamics, and assessing employee development needs. Make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions.
* Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue and quickly implement solutions, either independently or partnering with colleagues in HR.
* Partner closely with managers on compensation increases and promotions. Provide recommendations based on organization need, business objectives and compensation philosophy.
* Manage exit interviews and create plan to improve turnover within client groups.
* Identify, build, implement and execute HR programs and initiatives, such as: quarterly and year-end employee engagement survey, quarterly OKR process, mid-year and year-end performance management reviews, etc.
* Use data to inform and guide decisions and policies.
* Assist team in improving and developing HR operations.
* 6-8 years of HRBP and HR functional experience in a high growth and fast paced environment. Previous start-up experience required.
* People -centric and "roll up your sleeves and get it done" work style.
* Proactive in developing and effectively introducing alternatives to current HR practices, as appropriate.
* Experience should include demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas: coaching, employee relations, compensation, performance management, and program management.
* Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
* A proactive and collaborative approach.
* Excellent understanding of technology and education is preferred.
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.