TVision Insights is a ‘hyper-growth’ television attention measurement company pioneering the way brands, their agencies, TV networks and OTT platforms determine the true value of their video content and advertising. The company’s core technology uses data science and motion capture technology to passively assess eyes on screen, the single most accurate way to measure person-level engagement with video content.
Efficient and reliable ingestion of data from our panelists’ in-home devices is the foundation of TVision’s products. As a key member of the development team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions that analyze and process large data streams and populate our columnar analytics databases in AWS. We are strong believers in statically typed functional languages. We are using Haskell as our primary backend programming language. You will be building product components for transforming and reducing raw data at scale, performing statistical analysis to develop appropriate data reductions, writing efficient analysis queries, and recommending improvements to our ingestion pipeline and database design.
As a member of the backend development team, you will design and build:
* The services that monitor our panelist devices, retrieve data from them, and keep them running and healthy
* Algorithms that analyze and process multiple data points per second from thousands of devices
* The compute infrastructure that runs those algorithms to get accurate, timely, reliable data delivery to our analysts and customers
* The operational automation and monitoring that lets our team deliver all of that and go home on time!
**Qualifications and Skills**
* BS/MS in Computer Science or closely related discipline
* Knowledge of one or more functional programming languages (e.g. Haskell, Clojure or some LISP, Scala, ML). We are implementing our backend systems primarily in Haskell
* Knowledge of the Python programming language is highly desirable
* Experience with RDBMS.
* Experience with Hadoop or Spark, while not necessary, will be a definite asset.
* Familiarity with a cloud computing environment such as AWS. Devops experience, either with specific AWS technologies or with more general provisioning tools (Terraform, Chef, Docker), is a major plus.
* 0 - 5 years of industry experience
**Communication and Culture**
* Strong communications skills with both technical and non-technical team members.
* Collaborative and enthusiastic about agile development and scrum methodologies.
* Strong sense of project ownership and personal responsibility.
Apply to TVision Insights (Backend Software Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.