From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. For over 30 years, our clients have relied on our core product, the Bloomberg Terminal, to access the data and analytics they need to make informed investment decisions.
As an Application System Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Bloomberg, your mission is to drive the automation of our production operations, everything from reaction to failures, deployment, testing, and quality checks. You will ensure the optimal availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of more than ten thousand client-facing applications. We’ll expect you to own our production environment from the initial design phases to ensuring continuous high availability. You should be comfortable working alongside other engineers to help fix and debug issues with the production environment.
* Investigate, triage, and troubleshoot production problems as they occur
* Create and maintain common and integrated standards with respect to logging, latency, troubleshooting, and monitoring
* Develop and maintain tools used in investigating production problems
* Review and influence the design and standards of the software
* Measure current capacity, predict future capacity needs and make suggestions accordingly
* Automate deployment and configuration management, quality (including functional and capacity testing), and reaction to problems
* Facilitate continuous integration/continuous deployment
**You’ll need to have:**
* 3+ years of experience programming in C/C++
* Demonstrated understanding of how production systems are put together and experience with triaging and solving problems with them
* Strong knowledge of Linux systems
* Familiarity with Python
**We’d love to see:**
* Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Saltstack
* Practical knowledge of networking such as TCP/UDP/IP
* Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Splunk, ELK, Grafana, Nagios
* Experience with virtualization technologies such as Vagrant, Terraform, VMWare, KVM
* Knowledge of cloud technologies (OpenStack, AWS, Rackspace, CloudFoundry, OpenShift, WS02)
* Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra
* Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker, Mesos, Core OS, Kubernetes
Apply to Bloomberg LP (Application System Reliability Engineer)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.