T. Rowe Price is an asset management firm focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on–now, and over the long term.
The position is responsible for the financial operations for the business unit assigned. This includes financial reporting, planning, and forecasting activities for the client. Through creation of reports and analyses, the incumbent will identify and communicate areas of financial risk and/or opportunity, which will support the strategic decision-making of senior management regarding future expenditures or other operating decisions as appropriate.
**Financial Planning & Forecasting**
* Oversees the budget process and reporting system for assigned business unit in conjunction with the Sr Finance Manager
* Prepares budget re-forecasts throughout the year and performs associated variance analysis
* Manages special projects to facilitate the implementation of changes to processes, tools, or business practices in the department and then use in addressing BU needs
* Interacts with managers, staff, and peers to provide clarification, researches issues to their appropriate conclusion and provides follow-up monitoring of results.
* Participates in the review of financial data received from various sources
* Maintains a consistent workflow and meet deadlines, both routine and non-routine
* Reviews and approves financial reporting for accuracy prior to distribution
* Determines opportunities to improve reporting process, and executes reporting enhancements with new information
* Designs and develops complex reports or retrieves information for ad-hoc reporting requests and special projects
* Creates reports to inform Department Managers of project purchases and spending trends and assists with interpretation of that data.
* On a quarterly basis, creates and reports actual-to-forecast results along with variance analysis
* Create Ad-hoc reporting using Excel
* Converts reporting data to actionable information in professional, presentation-quality format to be used in strategic business decision making processes
* Utilizes the latest data visualization tools and techniques to deliver results that drive business objectives
* Stays abreast of the latest business goals and drivers, and incorporates them where possible to enhance reporting solutions
* Provides quality oversight for all critical and client-facing reporting and analysis deliverables
* Develops, maintains, and promotes quality control standards
* Develops new reports utilizing relevant data sources
* Knowledge of Financial Services Industry
* Experience with financial systems
* Have or pursuing MBA, CPA or CMA with a major in Accounting or Finance
* College degree and 3-5 years of finance or accounting experience is preferred
* Confidence and ability to interact with senior managers
* Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
* Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
* Energy, enthusiasm and detail orientation
* Excellent organizational skills
* Responsive, team-oriented approach with excellent client-service skills for effective relations with internal clients
* Strong analytical skills coupled with solid oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
* Aptitude to learn and use ERP systems
* College degree and 1 year of related work experience, or
* Associate degree and 3 years related work experience, or
* High School diploma/equivalent and 5 years related work experience
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.