Slack is a messaging app for teams that is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Slack is looking for a brilliant and experienced content marketer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have experience developing content and strategies for sales, growth and product marketing, while exhibiting editorial craftsmanship alongside a highly skilled team of marketers, designers, and engineers. You have an almost-perfectionist attention to detail, strong communication skills, and a dedication to infusing B2B marketing with a more relatable, creative, and human touch.
* Develop content for targeted campaigns and sales, growth and product marketing initiatives that’s as unique and approachable as Slack is as a product
* Create content (case studies, sales presentations, emails, website, ebooks, videos) to drive clear results across a variety of channels
* Generate content that’s crafted to meet the needs of the audience from die-hard Slack users to people who are just getting started and that people will want to actually read (no brochureware!)
* Work with cross-functional practitioners (product managers, social media managers, email marketers) to create and optimize content for a great reader experience, generating qualified leads and meaningfully and increasingly engaging them in Slack’s promise
* Implement SEO strategies, while making sure editorial integrity takes priority
* Know all the jargon, and know all the things that people who know all the jargon want to know but do not, in anything other than jest, use all the jargon
* 4-6 years experience developing high-quality content in the form of website landing pages, bylined articles, social media writing, sales enablement materials, ebooks, case studies, and the like
* Exceptional communication, prioritization, and time management skills
* Experience working cross-functionally, especially across marketing disciplines, sales, design, and engineering
* Strategic, metrics-driven mindset and a passion for the art and science of content marketing
* Demonstrated record of successfully shipping high-quality projects with independence and confidence