Rakuten, Inc. (TSE's first section: 4755) is the largest ecommerce company in Japan, and third largest ecommerce marketplace company worldwide. Rakuten provides a variety of consumer and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports. The company is expanding globally and currently has operations throughout Asia, Western Europe, and the Americas.
We are looking for a passionate leader to manage our Collective Business Development and Account Management team. You will manage a growing US team across multiple offices while working directly with top tier publishers, bloggers, and API partners to build a successful business. You will lead strategy for account management, partner acquisition and analyze performance to drive revenue. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, organized, and a hard worker who turns client relationships into scalable revenue growth. The Head of Business Development will be integrated into a larger start-up environment and work directly with various teams, including editorial, marketing, accounting, and engineering.
* Manage and inspire a growing US team in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Austin.
* Lead Account Management team in strategy and provide regular analysis and recommend best practices, with the goal of improving account performance
* Lead acquisition of new influencers and publisher partners to drive revenue growth
* Contribute to the development of new partner and influencer verticals
* Work cross functionally with team leads to drive business strategy, platform adoption and improve awareness for the Collective brand.
* Analyze performance data and make recommendations, use performance data to drive business decisions and investigate discrepancies
* 6+ years experience in related digital or media industry
* Self-motivated and passionate leader who thrives in exceeding revenue expectations
* Strong relationships with key influencers in the publishing and blogging industry
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to simplify technical solutions for non-technical clients
* Ability to correspond with diverse clients in a timely and gracious manner
* Proven ability to collect, analyze, and present data to internal and external teams
* Must be proactive, collaborative and solutions oriented