Something extraordinary happens when pets and people connect. A unique bond is formed that results in something powerful, not only between pets and people, but in a way that makes the world a better place. Our promise is to nurture that relationship completely–mind and body.
Provide strategic partnership and proficient professional recruitment skills to hiring leaders across all areas of Petco – SSC, DC, Stores. Represent Petco to the external market in a professional, driven and proactive manner to promote our employee value proposition, support the timely hiring of critical talent and ensure that the organization has the necessary resources to achieve its business objectives.
* Creatively leverage recruiting tools including, the Internet, TAS, CRM, networking guides, referrals, and job fairs to creatively identify, source, interview, select, verify, negotiate offers, relocation and benefits, and onboard candidates for all levels of positions at the SSC, District Managers, General Managers and senior level DC roles. Talent Advisor must be able to include passive candidates in candidate slates, proactively cold-call passive candidates, and keep relationships with passive candidates 'warm' and in a scalable manner.
* Drive quality hiring outcomes by conveying an understanding of critical components of functional business results and proactively identifying potential hiring needs and role expectations; demonstrating knowledge of the internal and external labor markets, and; influencing two-way partnerships with hiring leaders by establishing trust, strong expectation setting, probing inquiry, ability to help make difficult trade-offs, and priority management.
* Proactively establish relevant internal and external business relationships to facilitate referrals, gain cross-functional business knowledge and promote Petco employee value proposition nationwide. Collaboratively share contacts and business knowledge with fellow Talent Advisors to enable enterprise-wide knowledge of Talent team and support a centralized recruiting model
* Leverage effective verbal and written communication skills to drive value from internal and external partnerships in an effort to manage the recruitment timeline and achieve performance deliverables. Examples of partnerships are external placement agencies, skill-based membership organizations and internal business leaders.
* Conduct behavioral- and competency-based interviews with candidates to determine knowledge, skills and abilities compared to job scope and requirements. Evaluate candidate fit to the departmental and organizational needs and make recommendation to business leaders based on these interviews.
**Supervisory Responsibility:** None
* The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards. Local travel via automobile to job fairs or conferences may be required.
* The minimum educational background of an applicant to this position is a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) and two years of college level courses in business, management, communications or education, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* A 4-year college degree and/or Human Resources certificate or PHR/SPHR is strongly preferred.
* A minimum of 5 years recruiting experience is required; corporate recruiting experience strongly preferred.
* A minimum of 2 years experience working with business leaders as a strategic partner through functional knowledge, business acumen and influencing skills.
* Ability to appropriately adjust communication styles to work with a diverse set of leaders and associates at various levels across the organization.
* Proven ability to develop creative and effective business plans and influence leaders to win-win situations is required.
* Demonstrated negotiation and project management skills required.
* Ability to work independently in dynamic work environment and demonstrate high comfort level in working with (initially) ambiguous and unstructured projects.
Apply to Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. (Talent Advisor)
The best way to apply is by creating a DreamHire profile. This will ensure that your background and skills are accurate, and you can save your application as a draft and finish it later. It takes a few minutes to set up your profile.